Honeybun sent me a meme. Here is what I came up with:
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Jason from the Greek myth of Jason and the Argonauts.
My middle name is my father’s first name.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
4 . WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
I have a daughter, so technically I don’t have “kids”
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Sure, I’m the funniest person I know
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOt?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS ?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Grandma and Grandpa Giles
18. YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
gray pants, black shoes
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Red pepper humus with on a tortilla (mmmm)
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
the sound of me typing.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Plum candle (yeah, its weird).
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS?
I love her.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Football, hockey, UFC
27. HAIR COLOR ?
26. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No, don’t need ’em since I got LASIK last year
30, FAVORITE Foods
Most anything with pasta, turkey dinner, cheesecake.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Definitely happy endings
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Mr Bean’s Holiday
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Rumcake and Cheesecake
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND ?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING Now?
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Don’t use one
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT
Stuff recorded on TIVO
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
The Bailey lip flip
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME
45. ANY NEWS IN YOUR LIFE?
Looking for a job in New Mexico, taking a comprehensive exam for the MS degree in 3 weeks.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
48. WHAT TIME IS IT RIGHT NOW?
Bailey: Monnie (pointing at the cat)
Honeybun: That’s Mila
Honeybun: Say “Me”
Honeybun: Say “La”
Honeybun: Say “Mila”
I haven’t written much on this year’s presidential campaigns but I have been following them. I’ve been amazed at how McCain’s campaign has been energized by his selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate.
Even more amazing is how the Obama campaign seems to have lost its collective mind by this news. So much so that Obama keeps comparing Palin’s experience to his own. Obama has forgotten he is the candidate for the top office while Palin is running for Vice President.
Like this quote reported by Politico last Saturday:
“I know the governor of Alaska has been, you know, saying she is change,” Obama said at a town hall meeting here. “And that is great. She is a skillful politician. But when you [have] been taking all these earmarks when it is convenient and then suddenly you are the champion anti-earmark person.
“That is not change, come on,” Obama continued. “I mean, words mean something. You can’t just make stuff up. You can’t just make stuff up. We have a choice to make and the choice is clear.”
The comments were his harshest attack yet on Palin . . .
Obama’s campaign was comparing his experience as a “community organizer” against her experience as a “small-town mayor” (ignoring that she is a current sitting governor) on the very day she was announced as McCain’s running mate. That was the first indication that Palin scared them.
Karl Rove wrote an article about it today:
Of all the advantages Gov. Sarah Palin has brought to the GOP ticket, the most important may be that she has gotten into Barack Obama’s head. How else to explain Sen. Obama’s decision to go one-on-one against “Sarah Barracuda,” captain of the Wasilla High state basketball champs?
It’s a matchup he’ll lose. If Mr. Obama wants to win, he needs to remember he’s running against John McCain for president, not Mrs. Palin for vice president.
Aaaghh! Karl! Don’t go giving the opposition advice for victory. We want Obama to keep comparing himself to the candidate for the lesser office. It shows the public that he is not qualified to be president. It is why Obama will lose in November.
This has been a good week for learning. I went to an off-site training class for work. This was a three-day class. I was expecting a corporate style class on business communication. I got so much more. It was an intense class – especially today. Maybe more on that later, but maybe not.
The good part about a class that is coming home to what it important. An added benefit to these three days was being home to give Bailey her bath and get her ready for bed.
And then the topper, spending time with her before putting her down for the night. I was flipping her lip. She loved it. Here is the result.