One of my guilty pleasures is Dear Abby. There is one kind of letter I can’t stand though:
Yesterday I was walking through the living room and saw the cover was off my box fan. I thought it would be fun to stick my head in the whirling blades. I ended up in the hospital with lacerations from my forehead to my chin.
Abby, please tell your readers to make sure they keep covers over fan blades and to never, ever stick your face in a fan.
Stuck my face in a fan and now I know better
You are right. After reading your letter I immediately put covers back on all my fans. Hopefully, others can learn from your mishap.
Readers, don’t stick forks in power outlets either. You may permanently damage your silverware.