1. This has been a hard week for the entire family. My wife’s 91 year-old grandmother has been in the hospital for a week as of today. She has been hovering on death’s door most of the time, but has surprisingly improved over the last day or so and may even be able to go home in the next day or two.
2. One of my favorite internet people is Merlin Mann. At the end of last month, he did a podcast about New Year’s resolutions. If you are they type to make them, this a good one to listen to. The take away: “Keep it small, keep it time-limited, keep it action-oriented.”
3. I’m not the kind to make New Year’s resolutions. I do need to make changes though. I’m working on keeping them small, time-limited, and action-oriented.
4. I finished playing Portal 2 this week. This is how video games should be. It has great characters, a great story that unfolds during the game, humor, and great game play. 5 Stars.
5. It is January 13 and we still have our Christmas decorations out. That is mostly because my wife has spent the majority of the time at the hospital the past week and I’ve been working and taking care of our daughter. Guess what we’ll be doing this weekend?
6. I did get some of the decorations taken off the tree earlier in the week. Bailey was enthusiastic about helping the entire time of taking the bulbs and glass icicles down. She frequently had to check, “Daddy, am I being a helper?” That was the high point of the week.
7. My predictions don’t work out too often if you look at my series of New Year’s posts, but I’m seeing another win for Tebow and the Broncos tomorrow when they face the New England Patriots in their second playoff game.
Castro airs Moore’s movie to all of Cuba. He quoted Moore’s book “Stupid White Men” in disparaging President Bush. When our country’s enemies use Moore’s movies and books to support their agenda, isn’t it safe to say Moore is anti-American?
Cuba is a country that thousands of its citizens try to flee from every year, most of them to this country. Yet Moore’s propaganda is helping Castro to villify the United States.
First there was the Whoopi Goldberg’s vulgar show for John Kerry. When she got fired by Slim Fast who didn’t want to be associated with her crude antics, she complained her rights of free speech were violated.
Then there was Linda Ronstadt. She got kicked out of the Aladdin Hotel after making political statements about Moore and his movie during her performance. Now Michael Moore has written an open letter (I guess it’s his way of saving the 37 cents on postage) to the Aladdin Hotel claiming Ronstadt’s rights were violated.
Moore believes that Ronstadt’s comments are free speech people who disagree with those views are required to be associated with them. It doesn’t work the other way around. Liberal activist groups NEA and NOW demanded that Rush Limbaugh be fired from promoting Florida orange juice.
Now we find out that Ronstadt is a bigot. Here is what she said in an interview before the Aladdin show:
It’s a real conflict for me when I go to a concert and find out somebody in the audience is a Republican or fundamental Christian. It can cloud my enjoyment. I’d rather not know.”
If you are a Republican or (horrors!) a Christian, she doesn’t want to perform for you. Lefties want to you to accept and even support their views no matter how offensive you believe they are. Criticism is not allowed.
Remember, there are none so intolerant as the tolerant.